Dive # 260

Date: July 5, 2006
Time: 6:00pm
Location: Diver's Cove/Fisherman's
Depth (feet): 20
Dive Time (minutes): 40
Surf (feet): 1-2
Surge (feet): 2-8 (shallow)
Water Temp (fahrenheit): 73
Visibility (feet): 10-15
Visibility Description: shallow and sandy equals clear...murkier deeper and on Fisherman's side
Notes and Highlights: Dove with Josh, Scott and Pablo. Diver's looked better than Heisler and Crystal Cove (I didn't see Shaw's)...Easy in and we dropped down on about 1/2 dozen bat rays - and then we spent most of the dive combing the sandy areas for more of 'em. Total bat ray count was probably about 12. Josh picked up a female lobster with a gorgeous pile of eggs...great to see the future bugs that I'll be chasing with my son in 8 years or so...stayed really shallow and ended up coming out at Fisherman's. Maybe I was tired - or maybe just not used to the warm water - but I had trouble feeling really comfy for the dive...but still enjoyed the rays and the company.