Diving solo? (an attempt at humor)

Note: the writer of this post does not recommend that any of the following be construed as official recommendations.

If you are asked by a lifeguard if you are diving solo...try one or more of these:

* All my dive buddies got pregnant...wanna dive with me? (the line I used to use after my wife - my original and favorite dive buddy - did indeed bring home a mini-human souvenir from a dive trip to Cozumel).

* Diving solo is better than diving so-high.

* I just do this to meet lifeguards (feel free to integrate with the pregnancy line)

* My dive buddy is very shy...he's hiding and won't come out until you leave.

*This has been a test of the Laguna Beach ordinance enforcement...great work! Stay right here and I'll go get the form for you to sign from my car...

And the #1 response:

* My buddy got sucked up in the alien spaceship that's making Deadhenge!